As stated in Procedure 2480 - Performance Evaluation: Employees are formally evaluated on an annual basis, or more often as needed. The primary basis of evaluation is job performance, although other factors that affect the work group, department, and the College may be included in the evaluation. The purpose of performance evaluation is to improve job performance and the employee's value to the College, and to advance his/her own skills and abilities.
The purpose of the annual review is:
- to provide for communications with employees on job performance,
- to identify and develop performance standards,
- to maintain the current level of performance or improve performance,
- to identify additional training and professional development needs,
- to discuss departmental and college-wide goals and objectives for employee and supervisor,
- and to help the employee realize his or her potential in his or her job.
The graph below shows the dates for Performance Appraisals. Specific process details regarding non-faculty performance evaluations will be communicated by the Office of Human Resources.
Year2015201620172018Start Date2-Mar7-Mar6-Mar5-MarDue to EvaluatorBy No Later Than4-May2-May1-May7-MayEvaluator to HRBy No Later Than29-May27-May26-May25-MayHR to Vice Presidentand/or PresidentBy No Later Than5-Jun3-Jun2-Jun1-JunPresident to HRBy No Later Than19-Jun17-Jun16-Jun15-Jun
Below are the forms and standards that will be used during the Performance Appraisal time.
Evaluation of faculty occurs in accordance with the following schedule:
1. A faculty member in the first two consecutive school years of employment shall be evaluated by their
supervisor at least one time each academic term.
2. During the third and fourth years of employment, a faculty member shall be evaluated at least one time
each academic year.
3. After the fourth year of employment, a faculty member shall be evaluated at least once in every three
4. Additionally, a supervisor may evaluate a faculty member anytime at their discretion.
Documents used for Faculty Evaluations can be found at Faculty Forms in the VP & Instruction webpages (click on Faculty Handbook & Resources on the left, then choose Faculty Forms located in the middle of the page). These forms include:
1. Instructional Evaluation Form - completed as a self-evaluation by the instructor, and by the supervisor
2. Classroom Visitation Form - completed by the supervisor
3. Faculty Recommendation Form - completed by the supervisor
4. Performance/Conduct Improvement Plan - this form can be obtained from the Human Resources Office
or the Vice President's Office.
If you have any questions regarding Performance Appraisals/Evaluations, please contact Human Resources, extension 221. Training videos available on the Professional Development page.