The membership of Barton Office Professionals shall consist of employees whose primary work assignments are non-instructional. All members in good standing shall have full voting rights. Dues are free, waived for the 2015-16 year.
All members are entitled to be members of the Association of Kansas Community College Occupational Professionals. With such membership comes the opportunity to attend the State AKCCOP Conference, serve on boards and committees, and serve as officers. Members are also eligible to apply for AKCCOP scholarships.
The College pays for each office professionals' membership in the Association of Kansas Community College Occupational Professionals. This qualifies the office professional to participate, if designated, as a B-OP delegate to the AKCCOP state convention in March/April.
Membership in our organization is open to all Barton employees whose primary work assignments are non-instructional. Supervisors are not excluded from membership. (Per meeting minutes November 2011)
The Barton Office Professionals By-laws shall be reviewed by all members in June.
Updated, ah: August 2015
Responsibilities and Duties
The following information details responsibilities and duties of each Office Professional Officer position.
For a list of current Officers and their contact information, please visit the page: Who We Are.
Executive Board - President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Reporter
Plans and prepares for business meetings and activities by:
- Overseeing and reviewing B-OP projects
- Creating a year-long Meeting & Project schedule prior to each Membership Drive
Professionalism Area - President
Assures that gatherings throughout the year are well organized and productive by:
- Arranging for Meeting Programs that challenge, teach, and/or entertain
- Securing a Slate of Officers for seamless transition of leadership each new year
Service Area - Secretary
Demonstrates commitment to Barton Students, Faculty and Staff through projects, including:
- Annual Student Scholarship(s) with the Barton Foundation
- Dessert of the Month item for the Barton Foundation auction
- Easter Egg Hunt for Child Development Center children
- PAWS to Refresh campus-wide coffee break for faculty and staff
Cooperation Area - Treasurer
Organizes project funding by:
- Coordinating and staffing events to raise funds
Communication Area - Reporter
Promotes B-OP image both on campus and within our organization by:
- Organizing the annual Membership Drive
- Marketing B-OP projects through regular campus-wide news releases
- Extending Courtesies to Members through cards, gifts and services, as needed
AKCCOP Executive Board
Patty McFadden, State Vice President - represents Barton Office Professionals on the state board
Sarah Shirer, AKCCOP Honorary Member