There are many different types of positions here at the College and because of this, the Payroll procedure is important to each employee. Please take some time to review this procedure.


On this page you will find required documents used to make payroll happen and informational documents including pay calendars and process instructions.


Direct Deposit/Time Record

    -Direct Deposit

    -Hourly Employee Time Record

       >Decimal Equivalents of Minutes Chart


Employee Self-Service Information Sheet - this sheet explains how an employee has access to their personal information online through PAWS.


Pay Calendars

    -2018 Hourly Employee Calendar

    -2019 Hourly Employee Calendar

    -2018 Salaried Employee Calendar

    -2019 Salaried Employee Calendar

Payment Forms & Instructions

    -Adjunct Faculty -Overload Employment Form Instructions - FAQ's for the overload employment form.

    -Adjunct Faculty -Overload Employment Form - to be completed for income to be received by the

     Adjunct Faculty  member.

    -Human Resources Information Form Instructions - FAQ's for the Human Resources Information Form.

    -Human Resources Information Form - to be completed by supervisors so that income can be received.

    -Human Resources Information Form (Grant Funded Positions) - to be completed by supervisors of grant
     employees so that income can be received.


Web Leave Reporting

   -Adjunct Faculty-Entering Earning Leave Through Web Leave Reporting

Web Time Entry


     #1 - How Do I Access and Fill Out My Time Sheet?

     #2 - Employees: Other Functionality Found on the Time Sheet Screen

     #3 - How Do I Submit My Time Sheet for Approval?

     #4 - How Do I Check the Status of My Time Sheet?

          - Quarter Hour Increments Chart-Quarter Hour Increments Chart

          - Web Time Entry FAQ's


     #5 - Approvers Information

     #6 - Proxy Set-up for Approvers

          - Web Time Entry FAQ's


Required Paperwork

In order to view the documents in this site, you will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Reader, click on the icon below to take you to the Adobe web site. Follow the directions to download the file and complete the installation. Bookmark this page on our site, so you can return to it after you install Reader.


There is required paperwork that needs to be completed prior to or on your first day of work. This paperwork is:

    -Personal Data Sheet - The Personal Data Sheet captures general employee information necessary for initial

     data entry into the College's administrative software.

    -W-4 Form

    -K-4 Form

    -I-9 Form Documentation - Page nine of this form will provide you with the acceptable forms of

     identification necessary to prove your employment eligibility. This proof requires either one item under List

     A or one item under List B and one item under List C. Note: Section 2 of the I-9 Form must be completed

     by an employee of Barton County Community College or a notary as authorized under the Office of Human

     Resources' I-9 Procedure for Remote New Hires.

    -Beneficiary names, addresses, birth dates and Social Security Numbers (if applicable)

    -Social Security Number Verification - Whether the original card or the receipt provided by the Social

     Security Administration when you have recently applied for a new card showing your name and Social

     Security Number

    -Dependent birth dates and Social Security Numbers for health insurance (full-time employees only)

    -Direct Deposit - Requires the submission of a voided check or an authorization agreement for automatic

     deposits from your bank (student employees not eligible for this benefit)

    -Oath Form - Signing this form must be done in the presence of a notary.

    -Receipt of Barton Community College Online New Employee Guide

    -Student Employee Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure Agreement

    -Staff One-Time Payment Request Form- This one-time payment form is only to be used for "ad hoc"

     assignments not lasting longer than one pay period and shall not be used to pay individuals already

     working for the College in another capacity.  This form must be accompanied by a W-4 form, K-4 form, I-9

     form, and an Oath form.  For repeat payees, please check to see if these forms must be resubmitted.

Contact Us

Office of Human Resources

Kirkman Visitor Center

(620) 792-9237


Office Hours:

Mon.-Thurs., 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.

Fri., 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.


Barton Community College

245 NE 30 Road

Great Bend, KS 67530

(800) 748-7894 • (620) 792-2701