The primary basis of an evaluation is job performance, although other factors that affect the work group, department, and the College may be included in the evaluation. The purpose of performance evaluation is to improve job performance, the employee's value to the College, and to advance the employee’s skills and abilities.
Evaluation of staff occurs in accordance with the following schedule:
1. A staff member who is either new to the College or who has transferred into a staff position shall be
evaluated after 30 days and again after 90 days in their new staff position.
2. A staff member shall also be evaluated annually each spring according to the graph below.
Year2015201620172018Start Date2-Mar7-Mar6-Mar5-MarDue to EvaluatorBy No Later Than4-May2-May1-May7-MayEvaluator to HRBy No Later Than29-May27-May26-May25-MayHR to Vice Presidentand/or PresidentBy No Later Than5-Jun3-Jun2-Jun1-JunPresident to HRBy No Later Than19-Jun17-Jun16-Jun15-Jun
Documents used for the Staff Evaluation process include:
1. Staff Review Form - completed as a self-evaluation by the staff member and by the supervisor.
2. Job Description - applicable job description is to be reviewed by both the employee and supervisor for
possible updates. Job descriptions are located on the T Drive in the HRJob Descriptions folder.
Other process details regarding staff evaluations will be communicated by the Office of Human Resources.
Evaluation of full-time and regular part-time faculty occurs in accordance with the following schedule:
1. A faculty member in the first two consecutive school years of employment shall be evaluated by their
supervisor at least one time each academic term.
2. During the third and fourth years of employment, a faculty member shall be evaluated at least one time
each academic year.
3. After the fourth year of employment, a faculty member shall be evaluated at least once in every three
4. Additionally, a supervisor may evaluate a faculty member anytime at their discretion.
Documents used for Faculty Evaluations can be found at Faculty Forms in the VP & Instruction webpages (click on Faculty Handbook & Resources on the left, then choose Faculty Forms located in the middle of the page). These forms include: