Training possibilities are endless when it comes to the Internet. Below are several websites with excellent lectures, articles and how-tos. Click on a logo to be redirected to the website. Some have suggested lectures/videos/training links to ease the finding of what you might be looking for.
Barton also maintains a large collection of Professional Development material on campus. Visit the Library web page, here, to search the catalog. If you are looking for something specific or need additional information on accessing a listed session, contact Jenna Wornkey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Earth offers a comprehensive collection of free online college courses, and an ongoing series of original videos. A great deal of learning happens outside the classroom in those unstructured moments when provocative questions are raised, debated, and sometimes answered. Academic Earth embraces intellectual curiosity and encourages the community to share their videos and launch your own discussions.
- GCF Learn Free programming has helped millions around the world learn the essential skills they need to live and work in the 21st century. From Microsoft Office and email to reading, math, and more, GCF Learn Free offers more than 180 topics, including more than 2,000 lessons, 800+ videos, and 55+ interactive and games, completely free. To view a list of their topics click here.
- Mind Tools offers a wide range of useful career skills for free, and you can discover new, useful management and career techniques every week by subscribing to their . This helps you to make personal development an ongoing part of your life, keeping your skills fresh and up to date. To learn more about what they offer click here.
- NISOD provides budget-friendly, high-quality, and faculty-focused programs and resources. Led by community and technical college leaders and other experts in the field, NISOD’s monthly webinars enable faculty members to conveniently learn about best practices and cutting-edge research related to effective teaching. Current webinars can be found here. All of the past webinars have been archived here. Most are offered free of charge.
- Open Culture brings together high-quality cultural & educational media for the worldwide lifelong learning community. Web 2.0 has given us great amounts of intelligent audio and video. It's all free. It's all enriching. But it's also scattered across the web, and not easy to find. Our mission is to centralize this content, curate it, and give you access to this high quality content whenever and wherever you want it. To learn more about the resources offered by Open Culture click here.
- STARLINK online courses allow staff, faculty, adjuncts, and CEOs to take responsibility for their own growth and development. With 24/7 access to over 200 hours of professional development training, STARLINK offers users the ability to personalize their learning with on-demand courses. These courses maintain academic rigor, technical knowledge and skill sets which drive positive growth. New courses, features, and webinars are released monthly. Search their expansive course catalog here.