The Learning, Instruction and Curriculum Committee (LICC) exists as a faculty driven committee to oversee the college curriculum. The committee meets monthly and addresses the following matters:
- Review and approve all curriculum additions and/or changes.
- Leads a focus toward student and institutional learning.
- Ensures a quality and comprehensive curriculum.
- Supports faculty professional development.
- Guides decisions that represent all College locations, delivery methods and types of courses.
Course Submission Instructional Videos:
- Revised Course
- New Course
- General Education Overview
- General Education Example
- General Education Written and Oral Communications
- General Education Mathematical Reasoning
- General Education Technological Skills
- General Education Arts and Humanities
- General Education Social Sciences
- General Education Mathematics and Pure Science
- General Education Personal Well-Being
- General Education Global Issues and Diversity
- General Education Algorithm
To request modifications to the Concourse Institutional Template email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concourse Syllabus System
An Overview of Concourse
Concourse is an online syllabus system that provides a common organization of course information. Concourse provides institutions with a standard way to display course syllabus information, review syllabus progress, and archive syllabi. Concourse is integrated as a webpage to allow syllabi searches, and with Canvas for easy access, as well as being available through the Concourse website via the MyBartonPortal.
Some features of the system include:
- Consistent Structure: It may look like a paper syllabus, but Concourse is an electronic repository. Breaking the syllabus down into its already standard categories makes reporting, reviewing, and searching possible.
- Ability to Archive: Easy access to historical syllabi for importing course information to current syllabi.
- Easy Updates: Making changes to your syllabus is as easy as editing in MS Word.
- Ease of Access: Concourse allows access to course information for review and evaluation.
- Editable Syllabus Items: With permissions, we can designate who has the ability to edit and view syllabi at a refined level. Instructors can modify their contact information, but aren't able to edit course descriptions or student learning outcomes.
- Mobile Access: Formatted for the small screen, Concourse makes it easy to have all your course information at your fingertips, anytime, anyplace, and on any mobile device.
- Account Integration: Faculty can access Concourse through Canvas and the MyBartonPortal.
- Concourse Edits & Navigation
- Advanced Editing of Concourse Syllabus
- Importing Concourse Syllabus Information
- Editing a Concourse Syllabus in Portal