Instructional Excellence Academy
The Center for Innovation and Excellence is offering a new Instructional Excellence Academy. The spring class is underway, but there is still time to apply for summer and fall.
The Summer 2020 Instructional Excellence Academy just wrapped up, and the sign-up period for the 2020 Fall Academy deadline is approaching. There are only a few spots remaining and they will be filled on a first come-first served basis.
- The Fall Academy will have 5 sessions via Zoom from 12:30 to 3:30 pm on Aug 28, Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 13, and Dec 4. There is still time to apply or nominate until Monday, August 17 End of Business Day.
After versions 1 and 2 of the Academy, we continue to improve the Academy format:
- Future Academy meetings will be via zoom for both travel and “democracy of discussion” purposes.
- Academy attendees can choose to become lifetime members of the Instructional Excellence Academy by attending at least ¾ of their scheduled meetings and completing a final project to share in our Best Practices Archive. (so far, over 90% of participants have made that choice and are Academy Members.
- Lifetime members will be invited (at their leisure) to future Academy discussions and be involved with future Academy planning and activities.
- Academy content and discussions are member driven. We have great and experiences instructors right here at Barton County Community College. Academy #1 and #2 were able to generate more than enough discussion and content on their own to fill our time and more. Each future Academy will be able to view, add to, and update this content to make the Academy, its archive and best practices a living document and community for Excellence in Instruction at Barton.
- See this short video created by Academy Member and new full time Instructor Andrea Thompson discussing what she learned in the Academy last spring.
Once again, Fall application/nomination deadline is Monday, August 17. Here is the full link to the form:
Remember, you don’t have to be an instructor to participate. This is a good tool for leadership, group or meeting management, or just to get to know your fellow co-workers. If you are interested, but busy this fall, the same link also has options for this Spring 2021. The dates are below:
Spring 2021 - Jan 22, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 16, *May 7 (*Academy Induction)