Instructional Excellence Academy
The Center for Innovation and Excellence is offering a new Instructional Excellence Academy. The Fall 2020 class is finishing up soon, but there is still time to apply for Spring and Summer. APPLY NOW!
The Fall 2020 Instructional Excellence Academy will wrap up with an induction ceremony December 4th, and the sign-up period for the 2021 Spring Academy deadline is approaching. There are plenty of spots remaining and they will be filled on a first come-first served basis.
The Spring Academy will have 5 sessions via Zoom from 12:30 to 3:30 pm on
- Friday, Jan. 22
- Friday, Feb. 19 – 1:30 Start due to conflicting event
- Friday, Mar. 19
- Friday, Apr. 16
- Friday, *May 7 (*Academy Induction).
There is still time to apply or nominate until Monday, January 18 End of Business Day.
After the first three versions of the Academy, we continue to improve the Academy format:
- Future Academy meetings will be via zoom for both travel and “democracy of discussion” purposes.
- Academy attendees can choose to become lifetime members of the Instructional Excellence Academy by attending at least ¾ of their scheduled meetings and completing a final project to share in our Best Practices Archive. (so far, over 90% of participants have made that choice and are Academy Members.
- Lifetime members will be invited (at their leisure) to future Academy discussions and be involved with future Academy planning and activities.
- Academy content and discussions are member driven. We have great and experiences instructors right here at Barton County Community College. Academy #1, #2 and #3 were able to generate more than enough discussion and content on their own to fill our time and more. Each future Academy will be able to view, add to, and update this content to make the Academy, its archive, and best practices a living document and community for Excellence in Instruction at Barton.
Here is the full link to our first two sets of change/best practices projects: https://bartonline.instructure.com/courses/18817
Once again, Spring 2021 application/nomination deadline is Monday, January 18. Here is the full link to the form:
Remember, you don’t have to be an instructor to participate. This is a good tool for leadership, group or meeting management, or just to get to know your fellow co-workers. If you are interested, but busy this Spring, the same link also has options for this Summer and Fall 2021.